SAHM fat Mum to working fit Mum

From stay at home Mum to working fit Mum in 1 year

Thursday, February 17, 2011

A small piece fo success

Well I've lost 2kg - Yipeeeeeee

There is a half marathon in wgtn this weekend, I'm going along to support a friend who is running and also as motivation for myself. I have 5 months until the wgtn one I'm doing and I can't wait. My goal is to simple, get over the finish line! I have actually run a half marathon, it was when I was at outwardbound and I did really well at it. I wish I could remember my time, I think it was around the 2 hr mark. The huge bush run part of it slowed me down heaps as I was terrified of rolling my ankle. Do you think there will be someone 5km from the end playing the guitar for me at the wgtn one?? Lol

The other day I was thinking back to my fit days, yep they are over 12 years ago!!!!! I used to be able to do 20 chin ups without stopping, I was heavely into rock climbing and could get my body up amazing places all using the strength in my arms and legs. I had abs that you could see and my clothes were a size 8. I would also go tramping in the Tararuas with a huge pack and walk for 12 hours in a stretch. Ooh to bring back a body that will allow that again :)
When I came back form England I thought I was a BIG FAT heffalump and was actually scared to meet my parents at the airport! I was wearing a skirt that my sister had given me, it was a size 10. I was far from fat, but never saw it. I wish that I had got positive comments from my family but they never came. Do I have a body image issue, I'm beginning to think so. Why is it that when I had an amazing body I never knew it? I don't think people realsie how damaging words such as "you could do with loosing a few kilos", "ooh look out you'll end up just like......... (insert a large person's name here) or even actions such as having your stomach poked followed up with a look of 'porky'.
I remember at my wedding only 4 years ago thinking I was a fat bride, a comment given to me was "you won't feel good on your wedding day if you don't do something about your weight". My dress was a size 8!!!!!

OK, hopefully my wee rant to myself here has help lift some issues off my chest. Today is a new day and I have both boys at home. It's a stunning wgtn day and the double buggy will get a pounding along the bays. I'm going to run from the kids playground to the evens bays marina and back with the buggy. Oliver has conjunctivitis so we can't go anywhere with him but fresh air will be great.

on a side note: C-section scar, apparently it can take up to 8-12 months to fully heal, so the pain I was getting was a reminder to take it slowley. I've decided to limit hills as much as I can. Newlands park is flat and only down the raod so runs are happening there for a while :)

5 Months to go, the countdown really is on now. I better really commit to this and follow the programme in my book To compete or complete, your guide to running a half marathon. I LOVE this book.

1 comment:

  1. Whomever told you to lose more weight for your wedding must truly have been blind!

    Both of us were sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Skinny at that time, since we were married a couple of weeks apart! I think we both looked a little sick!

    xxxxooooo

    ReplyDelete